Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Reject/Deny recipient domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by tangram, Apr 29, 2009.

1. tangram

tangram Registered

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Exim (our tech is away) and in need of help with configuration. I noticed that our website emails are being permanently blocked by Yahoo.

What's the simplest way to block a recipient whose domain is from Yahoo? This would give us some time to locate the exact issue when the tech comes back and I hate to generate more bounces in the meantime.

2. viraj

viraj Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    You can do this from the Exim configuration in the filters section, but a quick way to get around this is to add the entry of yahoo.com to point to localhost.. so that your mailserver & your server thinks the domain is hosted locally & doesnt send the email outside the server.
    Code:
    -bash-3.2# vi /etc/hosts
    127.0.0.1               localhost yahoo.com
    You might also want to add yahoo.com to /etc/localdomains, this too will instruct the mail server to resolve the email locally than sending it out/remotely..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tangram

tangram Registered

Thanks, Viraj.

I was just making my way to the filters section of Exim specification doc :eek: