The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reject mail at SMTP time if the spam score from spamassassin is greater than 10.0.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sehh, Oct 1, 2007.

1. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

In the new cPanel version 11, i found the option:

Reject mail at SMTP time if the spam score from spamassassin is greater than 10.0.

Which is great, since i've been doing that with per-domain filters all this time. So i enabled this option. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to reject the mail, my users still get spam that has been scored a 10 or more.

In addition, spam is marked in the header as *** SPAM ***, which is weird because i haven't enabled the "rewrite subject" option.

anyone seen these two problems? somehow exim is not configured properly by WHM.

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It could be that you had customizations in your exim.conf that couldn't be determined upon upgrade, so the upgrade may have left your mail config in a weird state. I'd suggest 'Reset All Configs to Default' in WHM / Exim Configuration Editor. Then go through and set up the options as you want them to be and see if they work.

Mike

3. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

I didn't have any custom exim options and when i upgraded to cPanel 11 i did a complete reset of all exim configs/acls.

upon further testing i came up with these results:

1) spam above score 10 are deleted properly, apparently the problem was fixed with an update to exim 4.68 a few weeks ago

2) the subject is still marked as "*** SPAM ***" which probably means they haven't fixed it yet.