The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reject spam based on multiple rbl's

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by MACscr, Aug 2, 2016.

1. MACscr

MACscr Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Lets say I have a list of 5 rbl's. With postfix, I can assign a weight to each one and then reject the email if the email reaches a particular combined score. How can I accomplish this with exim?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

No native feature with cPanel/WHM will allow you to combine your custom RBLs and generate a score based on their combined usage. Feel free to open a feature request for this via:

Submit A Feature Request

You could also pursue a custom Exim rule via the Exim-User's mailing list at:

Exim-users Info Page

Thank you.

3. Muscator

Muscator Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi - by coincidence I fell over a super great RBL that has made me very happy....

Why?

Because it has made my incoming spam drop to almost zero and because my mailservers has a much easier load now.

Previously I have used 3-4 RBL DNSBL on each mailserver, now I have narrowed it down to only two, just by implementing this new and highly effective spamkiller:

Protected Sky RBL - RBL (Protected Sky)

It is completely free to use and as far as I can see, it hasn´t produced one single false positive in the month it has been running and it doesnt suffer from 'indedegestion' at all...

I have been using almost all RBL´s outthere, but none so effective as psky.me

Try it - you´ll be very surprised if you compare you logs with before and after implementing Protected Sky

Be sure to only use 1 or 2 RBL´s as your mailserver might get choked using more than 2 effective RBL´s - I use abuseat.org and psky.me - it takes care of most spam and virus infected mail