The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rejected RCPT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by furquan, Feb 1, 2005.

1. furquan

furquan Well-Known Member

Hi,

One of my user has accounts on multiple servers, he has recently purchased a new account on one my servers and now the problem is when he is sending mails from a domain on server 1 to a domain on server 2, OR vice-versa, It never arrrives on both the servers.

I checked the logs and this is what it says :

2005-02-01 15:33:05 H=mwhadsl.static.otenet.gr ([192.168.1.4]) [62.103.29.98] F=<user@domain1.org> rejected RCPT <user@domain1.com>:

Could any one share their thoughts on this.

Thanks

2. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

for some reason it's rejecting the recipient... (the email address it's being sent to)

You'll have to look at your mailserver to find out why... (this is why it's a very good idea to make sure that you return good errors when you block mail so it's easier to find out what needs to be fixed in order to get mail through.)

Perhaps you have Sender Verify turned on? Perhaps you have no default address setup for this domain (ie it's set to :fail:) and there is no actual pop3 account for this user? Could be any number of things... without a more specific error message you're going to need to take a close look at your config, and probably the configs of the other mailserver's involved (though that may not be possible if you don't admin them).

Find out what the error is on the other side... the other server.