Relatively new to WHM and CPanel, some questions

ZarakiKenpachi

Registered
Feb 26, 2016
Peoria
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello,

I'm a new user and new to WHM and Cpanel. I just started working at a hosting company that uses it and feel a bit behind.

1) We are using a single server to host approx 16l+ sites, that seems a bit much? If not, what can be done to optimize as the server seems slow at time.

2) I read some documentation on CPHulk, is there a way to get constant updates whenever a concerted brute force attack is happening? What is the best way to prevent a current ongoing attack?

3) Is there an easy way to move sites from one server to another but update all of the references in WHMCS to the new server?

Thanks!

syslint

Verifed Vendor
Oct 9, 2006
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

I'm a new user and new to WHM and Cpanel. I just started working at a hosting company that uses it and feel a bit behind.

1) We are using a single server to host approx 16l+ sites, that seems a bit much? If not, what can be done to optimize as the server seems slow at time.
!
It depends on your websites traffic and your server hardware configuration

2) I read some documentation on CPHulk, is there a way to get constant updates whenever a concerted brute force attack is happening? What is the best way to prevent a current ongoing attack?
You should properly configure the whm contact email address. Also isntall CSF firewall too.
3) Is there an easy way to move sites from one server to another but update all of the references in WHMCS to the new server?
Thanks!
You can update the whmcs server details after migration

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011