The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reliability of /scripts/wwwacct

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by ITGabs, Jun 23, 2015.

1. ITGabs

ITGabs Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I was reading the cPanel documentation about /scripts/wwwacct I saw that these scripts or hooks will be or are already deprecated and the documentation seems not accurate about the parameters name compared with /scripts/wwwacct --help

What is the status about?

I have command line applications in Bash and Perl that rely on these scripts

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/SDK/Guide+to+Standardized+Hooks+-+Script+Hooks

/scripts/wwwacct --help
    Please use the following syntax:
    wwwacct <domain> <user> <pass> <quota> <cpmod[advanced/?]> <ip[y/n]> <cgi[y/n]> <frontpage[always n]> <maxftp> <maxsql> <maxpop> <maxlst> <maxsub> <bwlimit> <hasshell[y]/[n]> <owner> <plan> <maxpark> <maxaddon> <featurelist> <contactemail> <use_registered_nameservers> <language>

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There are no immediate plans to remove the functionality of /scripts/wwwacct from cPanel/WHM, however you could convert your scripts to use our API should that happen:

WHM API 1 Functions - createacct

You would see a notification well in advance before the removal of /scripts/wwwacct if that were to happen.

Thank you.