The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reloading Master DNS server

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Imai, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Imai

Imai Well-Known Member

I am using a external master server.

I create an account on WHM (slave) and dns entries are properly created on the master server.

The problem is that I have to login into the Master DNS server and reload bind manually for the new account to show.

Is it possible to add an entry somewhere so that bind is reloaded on the master server after the entries are created.

Will appreciate any assistance

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. WebmastTroy

WebmastTroy Well-Known Member

Sounds like a missing feature/bug in the clustering. Might want to submit a support ticket on that.

3. namehog

namehog Active Member

DNS master propagation

Getting similar problems between two of our clustered servers - when adding a domain to server2 (which is the primary DNS master) the domain cannot be seen until doing an edit DNS record on Server1 (just open it and save it) and the the domain starts working -

If the site/domain is added on server1 then al works Ok from the start (this uses Server2 as the DNS master)

Occaisionally server2 (master DNS server) forgets where a site is o the server until the DNS record is reoopened and saved on server1