The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remaining Reseller Acc't Disk Space?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RBee, Sep 12, 2003.

1. RBee

RBee Registered

I have already checked past Forum threads for a solution, to no avail.

QUESTION: Other than cutting-n-pasting each resold acc't's present disk usage into a spreadsheet, or by using a handheld calculator, is anyone aware of any quick way (e.g. cPanel, WHM, or program) to determine the "remaining" disk space in a reseller account?

Even if someone has a small unique server-side program to accomplish it, that would be a major step forward.

I am aware that email usage, which contributes to disk usage totals, might not be included but, for my present client base, the result would still be useful. It seems that cPanel must maintain all of the components necessary to auto-compute the final value.

2. matthewdavis

matthewdavis Well-Known Member

This isn't as easy as you want it to be, but if you goto the Reseller Center, and select the reseller in question under the Usage/Stats section, then you will get a table of the disk space used by all the resellers clients. The rest is up to you.

I realize it's probably not the answer your looking for, but I'm sure its a step closer.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. RBee

RBee Registered

Thanks for the assistance, but I don't quite know the "Reseller Center" nor the "Usage/Stats section" to which you are referring. I am the Reseller and I don't find a "Reseller Center" in my WHM nor, of course, in any of the "resolds'" cPanels. From your description, though, I think your track might be of great help if I do have access to such.

4. RBee

RBee Registered

Could this be what you are referring to: in my WHM theme there is a "List all accounts" where the table listed has a column "Space used" (doesn't include the reseller's space)? You would be correct that that is a good place to start; it's all that I have been using to date. I was hoping to find a cumulative disk space usage figure that included everything which makes up the total usage number (e.g. the reseller's account + those resold accounts + email space + logs). You're right that it hasn't been easy, since I've been trying to seek a solution for several months now.

5. matthewdavis

matthewdavis Well-Known Member

Sorry I do not. I'm not a perl programmer. Maybe someone else can help you there.

6. cpanelinfoseeker

cpanelinfoseeker Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In WHM I use the 'Create a new account' and is shows the amount allocated and remaining for disk space and bandwidth.
    Ron

7. RBee

RBee Registered

Thanks. That would be very helpful, but I've checked all the themes in my WHM 7.4.2 cPanel 7.4.2-S117 and can't seem to locate that info. Which rev & theme of WHM are you using?