The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remembering cPanel login

Discussion in 'Security' started by cbsmktg, Apr 23, 2012.

1. cbsmktg

cbsmktg Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    After the April update, my browser (chrome) is not remembering my cPanel login info. Is there a WHM setting I need to change?

2. NetMantis

NetMantis BANNED

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Have you tried re-saving the login in your browser since the update?

In mine, I had to type in the login name in full after the update but the password showed up after I hit the tab key and then Chrome just simply asked me again if I wanted to save the login and I told it "yes" and that was the end of that, the login now shows up on the new version.

The Cpanel programmers may have changed either the URL or some backend javascript so your Chrome isn't recognizing the login page as the same page but you should be able to re-save those logins and get them working again

If you don't remember your logins, there is a few plugins you can get for either Chrome or Firefox that reveal your saved passwords and you could use that and then manually re-enter your login and tell the browser to re-save those again.

3. texo

texo Well-Known Member

In WHM:

Tweak Settings > Security > Allow autocomplete in login screens

4. cbsmktg

cbsmktg Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    texo, thanks, that was the one I was looking for - though it was on, so I'm not sure if I just have a chrome caching issue. I'm going to play with all of that now that I can find the tweak. Thank you again
    Mantis - yeah, normally I have had that ability with chrome, but after the update I wasn't even offered it in cPanel (though other logins such as to my billing certainly worked).
    I think it's either a Chrome caching issue or maybe I just need to restart the autologin tweak. Or, I just saw the cookie validation tweak. Again, Chrome's history caching. That's my next step.

#4 cbsmktg, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012