The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote access myswl with software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by upsforum, Nov 25, 2006.

1. upsforum

upsforum Well-Known Member

I have a problem:

I must allow my customers the remote access to theirs mysql db from software windows (navicat and similar).

I have configure Additional access host in WHM and add an example host (my IP provider of connection) from cpanel/mysql but using navicat it not go, I get an permission denied in answer.

Thank you

Alex

2. upsforum

upsforum Well-Known Member

........................ up!

3. krava

krava Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Do your clients use db_user, db_user_pass to connect to MySQL server remotely ? Can you show the exact error message ?

4. freedog96150

freedog96150 Well-Known Member

This quote is from WHM Main >> SQL Services >> Additional MySQL Access Hosts page:
    I have found that clicking on the force changes link (the click here link above) does NOT activate the additional hosts on my setup. My users still have to enter their MySQL Managers in their own cPanel and then the additional hosts are added.

We have had no problems accessing MySQL databases with SqlYog or MySQL Administrator from the Mysql.com website. If you are still experiencing problems with Navicat, try one of the above.

5. freedog96150

freedog96150 Well-Known Member

Oops! Forgot an important point. Make sure that port 3306 is opened on your servers firewall. I would also check to see if any of your clients are using any of the "Internet Security Suites" as there have been many posts lately about NOT being able to access various cPanel ports with these security suites installed on their computers.