The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Account Creation With PHP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by armega, Jul 13, 2004.

1. armega

armega Member

I have no access to the '/usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Accounting.php.inc' file... I actually want to develope a PHP script to remote add accounts. It seems that all the docs assume that you have root access to the server (which I don't) or at best are going to be using that server to host the script to auto create the account. I have two servers...

ServerOne :
    - all my user accounts
    - cpanel access
    - no root access
    - webserver
    - email server

ServerTwo :
    - root access
    - webserver

I would like to take ServerTwo and have a script for users to sign up on it. Then that script send the account creation request to ServerOne (with the encription key) and let my user create the account basicly.. All they would choose is there username and pass.. if its not taken then I would create the account etc..

Any ideas how I might go about this? I have sceen the 'Accounting.php.inc' file and have it.. But it references other files on the server in that area ofcorse.. makeing the script useless.. for example..
    '$result = whmreq("/scripts/remote_suspend?user=${suspenduser}",$host,$user,$accesshash,$usessl);'

Thanks,
    Armega

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Are you a reseller on Server One?

3. armega

armega Member

yes I am :)

4. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

Go into your WHM on the server and to the account creation form and look at where the form will post to. Substitute those for the variable in the script you've started and that should work. You must have the outbound port open on the sending server, for the request to be processed in the receiving server.

5. armega

armega Member

The form had the following action: <form action="/scripts/wwwacct" name="mainform">

How can I use this to do any kind of remote administration????

Thanks in advance