Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Remote Backup on a Windows FTP server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marcan, Dec 11, 2005.

1. marcan

marcan Registered

Hi :)

I want to be able to backup my accounts on a remote server I have at my home. I have a home network with a router and a couple of computers. On one of them (Windows 2000), I installed FileZilla FTP Server. On my router, I fowarded port 21 to this specific computer (the computer has a static IP).

My internet connection give me dynamic IPs so I have an account at DynDns (ex : mydomain.dnaslias.com). On the same server that has the FTP server, I installed DynDND update client which automatically update the IP at dyndns.

Everything works perfectly. I have access to this FTP server from inside and outside the network, using an account I have created on FileZilla server with ALL permissions.

However, using CPanel > Backups > Generate/Download a Full Backup, I'm trying to send a backup to this FTP and it is never sent on my FTP server. Moreover, on the FTP Server log I don't see any activity related to this. Seems like CPanel never even tried to access the FTP Server.

I receive this mail confirmation :
    Anyone could help me with that ?

Thanks !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    your have Incremental backup checked ???
    or Remote Ftp Server is not ticked or both ???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...