Remote Backup on a Windows FTP server

marcan

Registered
Apr 23, 2004
Montreal | Canada
Hi :)

I want to be able to backup my accounts on a remote server I have at my home. I have a home network with a router and a couple of computers. On one of them (Windows 2000), I installed FileZilla FTP Server. On my router, I fowarded port 21 to this specific computer (the computer has a static IP).

My internet connection give me dynamic IPs so I have an account at DynDns (ex : mydomain.dnaslias.com). On the same server that has the FTP server, I installed DynDND update client which automatically update the IP at dyndns.

Everything works perfectly. I have access to this FTP server from inside and outside the network, using an account I have created on FileZilla server with ALL permissions.

However, using CPanel > Backups > Generate/Download a Full Backup, I'm trying to send a backup to this FTP and it is never sent on my FTP server. Moreover, on the FTP Server log I don't see any activity related to this. Seems like CPanel never even tried to access the FTP Server.

I receive this mail confirmation :
Can't call method "login" on an undefined value at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/ftpput line 28.
--------------------------------------------------------
pkgacct started.
pkgacct version 4.1 - running with uid 0 using time::hires for speedups Copying Reseller Config...Done Copying SSL Certificates, CSRS, and Keys...Done Copying Mail files....Done Copying frontpage files....Done Copying proftpd file....Done Copying www logs.............
Done
Grabbing mysql dbs............
Done
Grabbing mysql privs...Done
Copying mailman lists....Done
Copying mailman archives....Done
Copying homedir....Done
Copying cpuser file.......Done
Copying crontab file.......Done
Copying quota info.......Done
Storing Subdomains....
Done