remote backup stopped because Filesystem quotas are enable?

freebee

Mar 7, 2008
Hello,
i configured WHM to transfer backups remotely to another acocunt via FTP. everything was fine until yesterday while i got the following email:
Backup Halted on: xxx.xxxxx.com
The exact error was: The store local backup option is disabled and no active transports exist. Please see "Backup Configuration" in WHM for more information.
------------
i didnt change anything since a while.
The only thing i can find in that backup section is:

NOTE: Filesystem quotas are enabled. To prevent performance degradation, quotas will be automatically disabled on non-root filesystems which contain a backup destination.

Not sure what this means as I never saw this error. May this be the problem backup stopped? If yes how to fix? Or are there any other problems?

thanks for help!

freebee

Mar 7, 2008
Hi,
i have configured backups that when it is complete it will be transfered to another server - hosted on another datacenter - via FTP.
It then also cancel the local backup afhter it has ben transfered.
Everything worked fine.. but suddenly stopped...

Thanks for any help

MilesWeb

PartnerNOC
May 23, 2012
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hi,
i have configured backups that when it is complete it will be transfered to another server - hosted on another datacenter - via FTP.
It then also cancel the local backup afhter it has ben transfered.
Everything worked fine.. but suddenly stopped...

Thanks for any help
Are you able to connect the remote backup server via FTP and upload the files manually ?

freebee

Mar 7, 2008
Are you able to connect the remote backup server via FTP and upload the files manually ?
I has just note that backup has worked again yesterday... So not sure what happens. Have to see if it will backup the next few days too.
Thanks for now.

freebee

Mar 7, 2008
nope..!!! here is the error coming again!
"The exact error was: The store local backup option is disabled and no active transports exist. Please see "Backup Configuration" in WHM for more information"

i double check, the backup is active...
Can somone please explain what happens?

Thanks

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Could you let us know which version of cPanel is installed on your system? I want to verify this isn't related to a previous bug.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome?

Thank you.

freebee

Mar 7, 2008
I think I found the problem... the remote backup destination was changed for some reason. I do not know how this could happen. But for now, it is back and working again.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I think I found the problem... the remote backup destination was changed for some reason. I do not know how this could happen. But for now, it is back and working again.
I am happy to see you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.