The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Backup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adapter, Nov 7, 2003.

1. adapter

adapter Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

i see that now is possibol with WHM to do a remote backup but i read: Remote Ftp Server (Accounts Only) this mean that only the file will backup or also the Mysql?

Backup Destination : how can i set this path for remote server? if the backup folder is in /backup/cpbackup/daily i should add this or only /backup ?:confused:

thank you

2. bjarne

bjarne Well-Known Member

Remote ftp will backup account by account wich is what you need to restore a account. You will not get all the conf files and a seperat backup of the mysql databases, but each package will contain the db for the propper user.

/backup will create backup in /back/cpbackup/dayly and so on. Thhe sub dirs will be created by the backup script.

3. adapter

adapter Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

umm the problem is that the remote server already do daily backup on second HD so i want that my second server (with only 1hd) do the backup on the 2nd hd of the remote server but how can i tell to use the second hd?:)