Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Remote Backups Filling Up Disk

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by LorienDarenya, Feb 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. LorienDarenya

LorienDarenya Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there,

I am at the heart a coder, but have recently begun hosting websites (mostly simulation games). At this time I have a setup where my main server retains 5 days of backups and my remote server receives the backups each night. I recently got a notification that the secondary server was almost full, meaning that copies of backups aren't being deleted as far as I can tell. What is the next step here?

Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @LorienDarenya,

Can you confirm which backup destination type you have configured on this system (e.g. FTP, Rsync, Google Drive)? Also, do you notice any specific error messages during the pruning stage in the recent backup transport logs found under the /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup_transporter/ directory?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...