Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Remote Backups non/Cpanel Server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mickalo, Apr 25, 2007.

1. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

Hello,

I've been researching the forum for a good backup solution, but most everything is tied into the WHM/Cpanel setups.

Can some one suggest a good backup system for non-Cpanel servers. We need to backup data from server1 to server2, basically 2 domains on server1 needs to be backup onto server2.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
    Mickalo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ujr

ujr Well-Known Member

Ditto here. Rsync is a very nice, efficient way to do it, and also has cross-platform support to a good extent.

3. AlexF

AlexF Well-Known Member

Not really a backup application but we use rsync on all our transfer/backup needs for both cPanel and non-cPanel systems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

thanks for the info, I'll check out these suggestions. Appreciate it. :)

Mickalo

5. nxds

nxds Well-Known Member

rsnapshot is pretty cool.

It uses rsync to efficiently transfer files and hard links to keep a history of backups using the minimum of disk space.

Either set up an rsync server with xinetd and rsyncd.conf or use ssh as the rsync transport. I think the rsync server is easier, and you can limit where connections can come from using rsync itself or a firewall like apf.

6. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If I have a space HDD on the server for backups, and I set the WHM backup to run daily, weekly& monthly, how would I backup this data to a remove server for offsite backups? Would Rsync be sufficient for this purpose?