The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote file transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tinboye22, Jan 18, 2005.

1. tinboye22

tinboye22 Active Member

Sep 16, 2004

I need a bit of help or answers to my questions.

I run a redhat box with the latest cpanel

my question is, Is there a way to block remote transfers, when another host tries using the remote transfer via whm?

The reason I want this is because I own a bunch of websites which i wish to lease out.

But if I am to do this I cannot allow the user access to ftp, backup, file manager or being able to remote transfer the account over to another cpanel host. I need 100% restriction from them gaining access to the files. So they cannot just pay once then steal the files ane run.

Is this possible to do but still allow us to transfer sites from another host to our host?

we have clients now and then which move from another host to us and it is easiest for us to just use the remote transfer feature.

Any help in answering these would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2004
    I'm fairly sure that there's not an easy process nor anything at all reliable for blocking remote transfers...

Sounds like the best way of doing what you want would just be to not give the client any control panel/file system access at all.

Though maybe you can try using the feature manager in cpanel to limit what can be used. That won't affect remote transfers though.