Remote incremental backups - timeouts

brt

Jul 9, 2015
US
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Why was my screenshot removed?

Today my backup process completed email came at 5:03 and the backup transport errors arrived at 6:43.

sp3ctre69

Aug 14, 2006
Thank you for the offer, but we've patched rsync.pm on our servers to give it a more reasonable timeout on the prune process and it now works as expected.

Any of the above posters should be able to help you out with a sample system though.

Best regards,

LBJ
Interesting, I have had the same issue come back (sites have grown, so maybe the cause. I have changed the timeout in Rsync.pm to 300 (from 30). Will see if that helps.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Interesting, I have had the same issue come back (sites have grown, so maybe the cause. I have changed the timeout in Rsync.pm to 300 (from 30). Will see if that helps.
Hello,

Can you verify the step-by-step details of the specific issue you are facing? There are a couple of different issues reported on this thread, so I want to be sure I understand exactly what you are reporting.

Thank you.

brt

Jul 9, 2015
US
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I am STILL getting *daily* backup transport emails reporting "Unable to prune transport "xxxxxxx" "ssh slave failed: timed out"

These backup destinations are not high performance, nor should they need to be. Also, pruning does seem to finish, as I don't have files building up over time.

Can someone please help make this stop?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I am STILL getting *daily* backup transport emails reporting "Unable to prune transport "xxxxxxx" "ssh slave failed: timed out"

These backup destinations are not high performance, nor should they need to be. Also, pruning does seem to finish, as I don't have files building up over time.

Can someone please help make this stop?
Hello,

Can you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

CanSpace

PartnerNOC
Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Thank you for the offer, but we've patched rsync.pm on our servers to give it a more reasonable timeout on the prune process and it now works as expected.

Any of the above posters should be able to help you out with a sample system though.

Best regards,

LBJ
How did you patch this?

Edit: Nevermind - I assumed this file would be encoded or something. Does seem like a fairly straightforward patch. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned more, and I'm surprised that cPanel (seemingly without purpose) limits us to a max 300 second timeout.

CanSpace

PartnerNOC
Nov 25, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Sadly patching did not resolve the issue.

The directories *are* pruned successfully, as per other posters here, but we are still getting these emails nightly. Any other suggestions?