The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote key php

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dave2k, Jan 23, 2005.

1. dave2k

dave2k Registered

i was looking at the account creation php script
    PHP:
    $response createacct("rdfdfc.co.uk","root",$rak,0,"redfmdfked.co.uk","tdft","tdfdftp","shop");
    i was wondering whether someone could explain all this to me

the first bit, which i have as r4c.co.uk - is this the hosts domain?

i think the second bit, which i have as root is the hosts username?

the third i know is the remote acces key

the third - the domain the new account is asociated with?

the next two are the user name and password of the new account?

and the last is the package of the new account?

the main question is why would you put YOUR domain at the start when creating new accounts?

thanks.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I have an idea . . .

Hi Dave,

I reckon I'm about as new to this as you are, however I've been looking around for documentaion on this topic and I might have found something useful.

There appears to be a forum that is detailing the development of something that uses the PHP accounting functions that mentions something on the subject.

The URL of the relevant post is: http://forums.seraphistudios.com/showthread.php?p=257#post257

To answer your question, the impression I get is that the first parameter of createacct() specifies the server on which to create the account.

I suppose this is because you could (not necessarily saying would) choose to use this functon to create an account on any server to which you had access.

Without this option, you would be limited to only being able to create accounts on the server that is holding Accounting.php.inc that you would be including.

I suppose the chances of needing to create an account of a different server are remote (Is that a pun?), since if a server is running Cpanel it should have local access to Accounting.php.inc. Nevertheless, someone might want to do it.

Well, that's my thinking. I might be wrong, as I often am.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

In case it helps

Apparently this first parameter of createacct() can just be "localhost" if you're only interested in creating accounts on the server executing your script, which I expect it the case.

If so, it might be best to stick with "localhost" incase you ever need to change your domain name.

Out of interest, I'd be interested in knowing how things go.