The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote login,storing username and password

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by pusan1983, Aug 31, 2011.

1. pusan1983

pusan1983 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Id like to integrate cpanel to my cms. cpanel users will login from my cms with their cpanel users names and passwords and they will do everything from my cms. i am making a job plan. I need your suggestions.

- Problem: I have to save user's cpanel username and password. API has to login with user name and password in every time?

cpanel users will login from my cms with their cpanel users and passwords.
    My job plan: After successful login, i have to save their user name and password. i am planing to save their usernames and passwords in the mysql database.

For example: user wanted to create an email. i can do it via api (my cms will use his username and password from mysql database)
    i am planing to delete their usernames and passwords from database after their log outs.

is it safety (saving their usernames and passwords) ? Do you have any suggestions? I may use sessions.. im not sure. Do you have any experience about this issue?

i hope you would understand me because my english is very bad..

2. Gili-H

Gili-H Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Have you try WHMCS?
    Check it out...

3. pusan1983

pusan1983 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    can cpanel users create emails,subdomains via whmcs? whmcs cant do same job. am i wrong?

Edit: i think, i figured out what i need. i must check out user's username and password. user will type his username and password and my script will control his username and password. thats the one that i want. i can do it with curl, however curl uses server ip (cpanel blocks server's ip after wrong logins). i cant do it with json, because of cross domain issue. i am still searching a solution...

-------------------------------
    Second Edit: I am able to login cpanel via curl. it works very well. but i saw this message: http://forums.cpanel.net/f42/check-verify-cpanel-account-credentials-156449.html#post657714

cPanelMatt said: "ending the user's credentials as HTTP auth, if it allows access, it's good, if not, it's bad.

Now there is one fallacy to this plan, which is that someone can hit this a few times with invalid credentials and cause hulkd on your cpanel server to lock out your server making the request. "

well, if someone hits with invalid credentials for few times, whole server ip will be blocked by cpanel. i can solve this problem by adding server ip to trusted list. but somehow, i gotta work without using whm..

still searching a solution on the google. im gonna share my solution.. stay tuned.

#3 pusan1983, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  4. pusan1983

pusan1983 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    ok i solved my problem. everythings ok right now.

#4 pusan1983, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011