The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote mail server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mircica3d, Aug 20, 2014.

1. mircica3d

mircica3d Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i have two cpanel server and i want to use one mail server for all cpanel server. I read on cpanel doc's..need to add ip in remote mail server ipS on whm. But wat need on remote mail server? on remote mail server i have centos 6.0. It's necesary to install only exim and work?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You don't need to install anything special on the remote mail server if cPanel is installed. Just create the accounts (X3Mail theme is a good theme for this purpose) and then create the individual email accounts. Ensure the MX records are setup on the source server and keep in mind that you do not create email accounts on the source server.

Thank you.

3. mircica3d

mircica3d Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cpanel not installed on remote server. Cpanel is installed on two cpanel server but remote mail server is separated with centos only. On cp1 server i have primary domain zone with mail server address mail.bees.ro. Users from cp1 server can send and receive mail but user from cp2 server how acces mail.bees.ro. And i want to separe mail server from cpanel servers (i have two cpanel dns only, 3 mysql server, and now i want to have one ore more mail server but..how use that mail server as common server for all cpanel server)

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please keep in mind that there is no native support for email clustering. You can setup a separate mail server, but all email accounts will need to be created on that server. You can't create the email accounts through cPanel and expect them to work on the remote mail server. Instead, all email activity and email account creation occurs on that remote mail server. The only thing you configure on the cPanel server is the MX records so they point to the remote mail server.

Thank you.

5. mircica3d

mircica3d Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If the If modify MX records on cp2 server with mail.bees.ro mail from cp2 server is send trough cp1 server?

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  7. mircica3d

mircica3d Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On cp1 (cpanel server number 1 ) i have one server with 20 accounts (20 website is hosted on cp1). On cp1 one site is bees.ro where bees.ro is name server for all domains (ns1.bees.ro and ns2.bees.ro, and mx is mail.bees.ro. For all domains from cp1 mail server is mail.bees.ro (because for mail.bees.ro i have valid ssl certificate). NOW on cp2 (another cpanel server) i have 10 website (this server not host bees.ro). How to connect email client from cp2 using mail.bees.ro? because for mail.bees.ro i have ssl certificate. (i thinking email server to be common mail server for all cpanel server?) Sory for bad english...

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You would have to create the accounts on "cp1", and then setup the email accounts on "cp1". Then, modify the "MX" records for all domain names on "cp2" so they point to a mail server name associated with "cp1". It's likely easier to just purchase an additional SSL certificate for the second server.

Thank you.