The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Management

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NightStorm, Oct 29, 2005.

1. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Does anyone know of a decent program that I can use to manage CPanel and WHM from my PC without having to load a webpage each time? I know that I used to have a program a few years ago, but I cant remember what it was called. I now have 'Cpanel Wizard Pro', which has the right idea, but it's Hellishly cluttered and still loads the webpages... I'm looking for actual remote management.
    Any ideas? And is there something that will work from a reseller prospective as well (create accounts, packages, and limits)?

2. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Um ... yes, it's called WHM!

Sorry - what specifically were you looking for? You want a drop-in replacement for some WHM functions that's faster than WHM/cpanel? That you can access via web? If so, I don't know of any such thing.

3. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    No. It has nothing to do with webpages.
    There used to be an exe several years ago that a user could manage their cpanel account with from their own PC, without having to log into a webpage all the time. It was totally unrelated to a webpage in any way (andwas not CPanel Wizard Pro).
    I was asking if anyone remembered what the program was called, and if there was the same thing for WHM as well.
    I find WHM to be rather useless in this purpose, as you're still having to log into webpages and flip through them to get tasks done.

4. rcohen

rcohen Member

Hiya,

I'm the author of the original cPanel Wizard Pro... sorry to dig up old posts, but ... yes, I agree. The last version of cPanel Wizard Pro was indeed very cluttered and in need of a rework. It hadn't been updated in years and didn't even have X3 compatiblity.

The system you're thinking of (I can't recall the name of their product either... but do recall them) came with a "theme" that you installed server side... which of course offered the author "known methods" of hitting up the scripts on the back end. It was admittedly a slick deal.

I was at one point actually looking to work with a cPanel coder to create a similar client/server methodology, but lost interest because personally, I find the interface of cPanel (and the choices you have to customize it) plenty for all but the high end user... who will use the shell anyway.

Let me mention that cPanel Wizard Pro has (Finally) been updated. After a long overdue period, I shook hands with a very talented associate and together we bring you the next revolution of Desktop convenience.

HD cPanel Desktop Professional by HighDesert Software

And yes, it still loads web pages, but the point is simplicity and jumping from acct to acct, and / or feature directly and instantly. It's a database driven design with robust enough features for hosts but simple enough for end users. It's also more than just a front end, offering some built in monitor services for server load and some other tools. Finally, we are gearing up to offer custom branded versions to those hosts who would like to hand this tool to their clients as a perk to use their services.

Cheers
    rcmedia

5. khiltd

khiltd Member

$20 to create a letter from Santa? Wow.

6. rcohen

rcohen Member

And every year, he sells copies ;-) It's actually a clever title ...

But not as clever as managing your cPanel acct from your desktop ;-]

r

7. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

I use a little something called SSH myself ;)