The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote MySQL setup guide

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by cavamondo, Jan 29, 2012.

1. cavamondo

cavamondo Member

Im looking for a simple walk-through of setting up remote MySQL for our cPanel servers. We have tried just about anything, browsing cPanel forums, documentation etc. and what seems to be a easy setup, just doesnt work. And the error reports does not supply enough data for finding the solutiions.

We have tried both remote stand alone MySQL servers, and remote cPanel servers, setting clients/hosts in my.cnf, disabling firewall .. etc etc.

I blows my mind that something that normally is so easy to set up as a remote mysql DB, just doesnt work in cPanel?

So is there a walk through?

*note, also tried this way on a fresh installed remote cPanel server:
    http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/WHMDocs/SetupRemoteMySQL

#1 cavamondo, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. Elfofdark

Elfofdark Member

OMG there have been over 17 days from your topic and no staff bother reply to you?

Ok me as a simple user not even american i will help you as much as i can. I did what you ar trying to do.
    If you still need to do it and did't find any solutions please post a reply with details what os are you running on CPanel server, what OS and what services are you running on Remote Sql Server.

After that i will tell you what to do.

3. Elfofdark

Elfofdark Member

I will write in 2-3 days (weekend is near) a detailed guide as how i have done it. So anyone could do it without searching in whole internet with no success. really before CPanel should release a new functionality, should test it in many ways/scenarios and write a detailed howto. I mean we all pay for a license, is not like hey this is a free software and all we can get is documentation from forum and some articles written in wiki. I expect more from a company that pay staff to do this work. Free products can do it with people that spend time ofter job helping others. Otherwize CPanel should return to old prices like (one time payed with 1 year support). Seriously i am very pissed off.

4. bejbi

bejbi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Did You wrote the guide ? I'm interrested ... Next week I will set up new server with remote MySQL server, so all the informations are welcome.

Wojciech

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The most detailed guide was a presentation by Ken Power:

http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/pub/Al...ources/TrainingSlides08/RemoteMYSQLServer.pdf

The forums are unofficial support that do have staff members here to assist. We have 100s of threads posted a day. While we all make our best effort to read the threads that we can, it is possible that a thread may not be read by staff. If you need assistance with a component that cPanel provides, the supported method is to submit a ticket going forward. You can do that in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature.

Thanks!