The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote NAS Backup

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by petru, Dec 18, 2013.

1. petru

petru Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey Guys,

After having some backup issues on the server, I'd like to make my Users accounts as safe as possible.
    I'd like to set up a Local NAS and be able to automatically download Weekly Backups from our Servers.
    is there anyway that I'd be able to do this?

I'm thinking there may be some sort of program I can use on the NAS to Login to the the Server via FTP and download from the backup folder. Is this possible? Has anyone got a similar setup?

Regards,
    Petru

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Have you considered adding the new backup location as an additional destination in "WHM Home » Backup » Backup Configuration"? The new backup system allows you to store both local and remote backups.

Thank you.

3. petru

petru Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, Yes, I have thought of that. But for worst case scenarios I'd like to store backups Locally also. I can do this manually by downloading backups but If there is an Automated way it would be great also.

I looked in to some more settings in Cpanel and was also wondering if I set up a FTP on the NAS, Would I be able to send the backups directly to the NAS as a second destination?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    FTP and Local Directory backups are both options for additional destinations in "WHM Home » Backup » Backup Configuration". If the remote server was accessible via FTP, or accessible as a local path, then it should work as intended.

Thank you.