The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remotedomains empty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by friedmayofan, Jan 18, 2015.

1. friedmayofan

friedmayofan Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Ya'll…

So I seem to have a slight recurrence of the issue I raised here: http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/upcp-reports-failing-forward-file-396701.html

In WHM (11.46.1.4) IP Functions »Show IP Address Usage shows the primary IP address as assigned to linux.domain.com (again!)

However, the file/etc/localdomains (/etc/remotedomains empty too), which is unlike the other issue I was having, and indeed UPCP and LFD are not having problems this time, seems to have things mostly in order, at least with no such entry as linux.domain.com inside it at all, much less at the top.

Any ideas?

Functionally this seems to be doing at least one weird thing in that SSHD is timing out when one of my users runs an automated backup script weekly. The user reported having to do it manually every other week. This is a somewhat recent occurrence (not sure exactly), but as far as major changes to the server go, the closest thing I can trace it to is upgrading to 11.46 from 11.44. I suppose an Easy Apache rebuild could be related? What do you guys think?

It's kinda fun being' a gumshoe once in a while… I'll keep looking into things in the meantime. I hate to do server reboots all the time, espc. since one of the domains is getting a lot of sales this month.

p.s. I'll be asking the user for more details about the script/error.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

To clarify, are you attempting to ensure the hostname of your server does not show up under the main shared IP address in the "Show IP Address Usage" option in WHM? Does it's appearance cause any particular conflicts? I don't believe this is related to SSH timing out, but feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. friedmayofan

friedmayofan Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

No, I'm trying to ensure that it does show up under "Show IP Address Usage" in WHM. instead of *myhostname.myvps.com it says linux.myvps.com SSHD stopped timing out btw for some reason. So the difference again between what happened previously is there was such a "linux.myvps.com" entry in /etc/localdomains. This time there is not one, but it still shows up in WHM… weird huh?

Thanks,
    fmf

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. friedmayofan

friedmayofan Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    For anyone that gets a similar issue:

My VPS Support did eventually fix this later on, so I asked what they did and got this response:
    I couldn't find anywhere in WHM that had that set before their fix, just the problems and report from Show IP Address Usage. So perhaps the reverse PTR that they attempted to set up for me some months prior?

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator