Operating System & Version
Almalinux 4.18.0-348.20.1.el8_5.x86_64 x86_64
cPanel & WHM Version

Samet Chan

Jun 24, 2016
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I would like to remove the IP from the email server of Webmail, which is recommended to use Roundcube or Horde?

I mean I would just need to remove the IP address and then hide/mask the IP from the sender of the Forum. To prevent the DDoS Attack If possible...

Because I take look out many threads was outdated and oldest from 2013, that is why I've decided to make the thread in 2022, it's in a code may be changed possible.

Last edited:

Samet Chan

Jun 24, 2016
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hey there! In general, we don't recommend trying this as it can lead to mail not being delivered properly. If you'd like to try it, there are some more details here: How to remove Source headers from the email?

Can you see if that is what you're looking for?
Actually yes, but there are many different tutorial and use, it's very complicated... I'd like you to make a clear tutorial on which is the point to remove the IP originating that would be more appreciated than older threads are.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Unfortunately that isn't something I'm able to do on my end. Since this requires manual intervention to the Exim rules, there isn't an officially-supported or documented way of doing that, as that isn't a feature that cPanel offers through the WHM interface.

If you'd like cPanel to offer such a feature in the future, feel free to open a feature request using the link in my signature.