Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Remove a database mapping?

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by BillBuilt, Mar 6, 2018.

1. BillBuilt

BillBuilt Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    I have mapped several un-associated databases to an account, and now I wish to unmap them. In other words, put them back to an unassociated state. I simply cannot figure out how to do this. Is it possible? Surely they mustn't remain associated forever now? Do they?

The reason i originally mapped them is that i wanted them included in cPanel's nightly backup. But now I am using a custom tool to do MySQL backups of these particular databases so I no longer wish to keep them "mapped" to the account.

Thanks in advance!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

You'd need to backup the databases using a utility such as mysqldump, remove the databases from cPanel, and then restore the databases you just backed up via phpMyAdmin as root or via the "mysql" utility on the command line.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BillBuilt

BillBuilt Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Bummer That's kinda what I figured but wanted to verify it first. cPanel makes it so easy to map it, it should make it just as easy to unmap it. Or at least but a big giant warning that this is not really reversible.

Thanks