Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Remove all trace of FrontPage (_vti_bin etc.)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PRSBOY, Apr 22, 2010.

1. PRSBOY

PRSBOY Member

Hello,

I have NOT got frontpage compiled with apache and I have it removed from my default feature list, however when creating a new package the _vti_bin (etc.) files are still being placed in the users home directory.

Also, under /usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/ there are all of my sites listed. I wish to have frontpage completely disabled but it seems there's no way?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Just remove the directory /usr/local/frontpage from the server.

It will display an error like the following

it's because the attributes are set on that file. Remove the attributes with the command:

then remove the directory once again

BTW, the skeleton directory of cPanel is /root/cpanel3-skel/ from where you can remove the _vti_ directories so they won't be added to the newly created accounts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PRSBOY

PRSBOY Member

I did check the cpanel3-skel directory and there were no files under public_html.

I've removed that directory as you mentioned and created a test account and all worked without and unwanted files/folders.

Thank's a lot for your help.