The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove Branding Editor and WHM Manager from cPanel

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by softcorner, May 13, 2012.

1. softcorner

softcorner Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I want to remove

1: "Branding Editor" (in Preferences) and

2: "WHM Manager" (in Advanced) from cPanel from all packages. I don't see them in Feature List or in package creation editor.

3: Also do not want whm to appear as an A record in any account by default. I tried to edit DNS Zone Template but it is not there.

Thanks

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    These are all Features of Reseller accounts only.

3. softcorner

softcorner Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks.

However, I would like to remove them as a default setup and then add them only for selective reseller. Is it possible?

Also, when I created an end user account (under root as reseller), I still can go to enduserdomain.com/whm. Although it would not allow me to login to whm using end user credentials but it gives any body a chance to try to login thru brute force. I want to completely remove access of /whm by any end user or reseller w/o specific permissions given to them.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There is no easy way to do this I don't think. You could clone a theme and edit it to remove items added by default with no Feature List option for removing.

WHM > Server Configuration > Tweak Settings, Domains tab: there are settings here for Proxy Subdomains that might be useful to your needs. You might want to do some testing with those to see if you can get it to do what you wish.

5. sarbanha

sarbanha Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Well! WHM/cPanel doesn't offer any option to disable Branding from the resellers' menu, but there is tweak you can simply make.

I did it for my Rima Host services and worked.

WHM creates a directory called cpanelbrading in the resellers' home directory. simply remove that directory and touch a new file with the same name, but make sure you do it with root user and change the permission to 700 .

When a reseller tries to customize the theme, he gets the permission denied message and files update fails. Anyway, still you are (as root user) able to modify the themes.

---
    Rima Host Webhosting Services.
    ریما هاست

6. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I recommend filing a feature request at https://features.cpanel.net for the functionality you need.

Also, a user will be able to remove that cpanelbranding file you created in the user's home directory. Since the user owns the directory, the ownership and permissions of the file are trumped by the directory ownership.