The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove dedicated IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mvale, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Mvale

Mvale Registered

Hi, if we go to " List Domains ->IP ADRESS" and add a dedicated IP, how can I remove this IP after.

Supose the client don't want anymore a dedicated IP, how do we revert back the client to the IP of the server (shared IP) instead of the dedicated?

Thank you

2. Vision

Vision Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can click "Change Site's IP Address" , choose the account and select the shared ip.

3. edigest

edigest Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How does one change a dedicated IP to a shared IP? Is this a function of cpanel?

I tried the suggestion to change the domain on the dedicated IP to another IP. I then added the domain back because I didn't want the domain's IP to change -- only to change the IP from dedicated to shared. It went back to being dedicated.

So I tried changing the dedicated IPs domain to another domain (move the domain off the IP, assign another domain). The new domain became "dedicated to ...".

I have two IPs assigned to cpanel and I want both to be shared. Is this possible?

4. gsofttehnic

gsofttehnic Registered

yes if you want all ips can be shared ips ... when an ip id dedicated is assigned to 1 domain name ... a shared one is assigned to all websites hosted on that server... if you want to maka a dedicated ip shared just add that ip to another account to be assigned for 2 account at least and will be a shared one

tell me if this help you

5. edigest

edigest Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Doesn't work. The problem with this is that the IP cannot be assigned to another account if it is marked as a dedicated IP.

On this server I have one domain assigned to the "dedicated IP" and one domain assigned to the "shared IP". I can add more domains to the shared IP but the dedicated IP is grayed out and does not allow adding any other IPs.

I cannot find a place in WHM to change the status of the IP from dedicated to shared.

Added: If I am misunderstanding your suggestion, can you give me the menu sequence to get to the page you change the dedicated IP and/or assign it to another account?

#5 edigest, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  6. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You can change the main shared IP of your server to the second (dedicated IP) from WHM under the tab "Server Configuration >> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup > Basic Config"
    Set the new IP under the option

* The IP address (only one address) that will be used for setting up shared IP virtual hosts. Setting an IP not associated with this server is possible but not advised.

This way, the dedicated IP will become a shared IP and will be used for all new accounts by default.

7. jamesdouglas

jamesdouglas Registered

When I tried this it worked... this was the response:

Basic cPanel & WHM Setup
    Invalid Minimum UID value: “”. This setting will not be updated.

Modifying “Main Shared Virtual Host IP” from “10.31.3.101” to “69.64.75.134”.

:smile::
    James Douglas

#7 jamesdouglas, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  8. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I did want to mention that two or more IPs can be set to be shared on the machine rather than the main server IP being the only shared IP.

If you want to allow another IP than the main IP to be shared, you would simply need to create a reseller account in WHM > Resellers > Change ownership of an account to make the account a reseller. After you've made an account a reseller, then go to WHM > Resellers > Manage reseller's main/shared IP and select the reseller account, then select the IP you'd like to be shared for that reseller.

At that point, any accounts you want to use that newly shared IP, you would simply have them owned by the reseller. They can then be set to use the newly shared IP.