The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove Legacy File Manager, Keep File Manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrysanhy, Feb 10, 2010.

1. chrysanhy

chrysanhy Registered

<question>

I want to create a feature list for my cPanel clients which includes the (new) file manager, but does not include the legacy file manager. It appears I can only choose between having both or none at all. I'm mystified why these are not separate items in the feature manager for these two different tools. Perhaps I am missing something here? If not, is there a work-around for this?

I've seen nothing in the WHM/cPanel documentation, forums, or in my general web searches--I haven't yet pulled up anyone else asking for what I'm asking for specifically, let alone anyone with a suggestion. (I have considered the possibility that the reason for not finding this is that there is a simple solution, but even if this is true, I don't see it.) If I can't get rid of this icon/link, would anyone know how to break it (so clicking on it results in an error or nothing at all) without breaking the whole cPanel application?

So could someone at least point me to the right part of cPanel's directory tree to look at for a solution. Just narrowing it down to a small enough piece would make it possible for me to figure out how it works and fix (or break) it and keep everything else working in a reasonable amount of time, since at present I know nothing at all about how the application is structured.

As far as specific platform and software, I'm using a VPS with cPanel/WHM 11.25.0 on CentOS 5.4. As far as experience, I'm very new to cPanel/WHM (I'm migrating from Plesk control panels) but have used GNU/Linux (especially Red Hat varieties) and Perl since the late 1990s.

</question>

If it really is the case that I can only have both the file manager and legacy file manager, or neither, then please consider this to be a feature request as well--separate options in the feature manager for file manager and legacy file manager.

Thanks,
    -Chrys

2. sven4o

sven4o Member

It seems that the reported bug is still not resolved and you can not disable the Legacy File Manager from WHM without turning off the File Manager.

You can find more details about it at:

Bug 5584 - No way of removing "legacy file manager" from x3 cpanel

However, there is a workaround.

You can just disable the Legacy File Manager icon.

This can be done by editing the /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/dynamicui.conf file. If you are using a different theme, enter its name instead of x3.

In the file, search for the following line:

description=>$LANG{'TFileManagerLegacy'},feature=>filemanager,file=>legacy_filemanager,group=>files,height=>32,imgtype=>icon,itemdesc=>$LANG{'TFileManagerLegacy'} ,subtype=>img,type=>image,url=>files/index.html?showhidden=1&amp;dir=/public_html,width=>32,itemorder=>2,acontent=>target="_blank",onclick=>show_optionselect('files'); return false;,searchtext=>$LANG{'filemgrleg-searchtxt'}

Put the comment character in front of it. The new code will be:

#description=>$LANG{'TFileManagerLegacy'},feature=>filemanager,file=>legacy_filemanager,group=>files,height=>32,imgtype=>icon,itemdesc=>$LANG{'TFileManagerLegacy'} ,subtype=>img,type=>image,url=>files/index.html?showhidden=1&amp;dir=/public_html,width=>32,itemorder=>2,acontent=>target="_blank",onclick=>show_optionselect('files'); return false;,searchtext=>$LANG{'filemgrleg-searchtxt'}

Save the file and open your cPanel. The Legacy File Manager icon will not be visible anymore.

3. aymanfekri

aymanfekri Registered

Thanks for sharing
    you can edit all themes with sed
    PHP:
    find /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend -type f -name "dynamicui.conf"|xargs sed -'/.*LANG.*TFileManagerLegacy.*feature.*filemanager.*/ s/^/#/'
    Also They can remain use file mager with direct link .

why not delete Legacy file manger files by run the following cron
    PHP:
    */15 * * * * root rm -rf /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/*/files >> /dev/null 2>&1

#3 aymanfekri, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010