Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove new Email Disk Usage icon

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by kjg, Apr 24, 2017.

1. kjg

kjg Well-Known Member

From version 64 there is a new icon "Email Disk Usage" in cpanel. I guess it is some kind of interface to doveadm and it might be a good idea, but not for us. When lots of accounts started using it at the same time the server load went through the roof.

So my simple question is: How can we get rid of it? It is not available in settings for feature list or packages. I have temporarily fixed it via hiding it using css, but it should really be available via feature manager.

Hopefully I have missed something and there is a really easy way to disable it ...

Patrick Heinz likes this.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The "Email Disk Usage" functionality is part of the "Email Accounts" feature and it's not possible to disable it without also disabling the email accounts option.

Do you have an example of the output from "top" or the process list when this happened? This is something we'd like to investigate if you can reproduce the issue.

Thank you.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

To update, we implemented a change in cPanel 64.0.18 to allow administrators to disable this feature via "WHM >> Feature Manager":

Implemented case CPANEL-12823: Ensure Email Disk Usage can be disabled in Feature Manager.

Thank you.

Patrick Heinz likes this.