The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove service from list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfreak53, Aug 12, 2010.

1. jfreak53

jfreak53 Well-Known Member

Ok so I had clamd installed for the longest time, then I uninstalled it. Now even though it's gone completely, it's still on my service status list and I get emails every 10 min. from cpanel saying it isn't started. How do I remove clamd from cpanels config now that it is gone?

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Remove from chkservd

chkservd, which is part of tailwatchd, is what is sending you the notifications. chkservd keeps its definitions for services in /etc/chkserv.d. It keeps the status for each service in /var/run/chkservd. Each service has a file named for it in /var/run/chkservd, with either a plus sign (+) or a minus sign (-) to indicate whether the service has been detected as up or down.

To stop chservd from sending you the notifications, remove both the definition file and the status file, then restart tailwatchd:

Code:
    # rm /etc/chkserv.d/clamd
    # rm /var/run/chkservd/clamd
    # /scripts/restartsrv_tailwatchd
    You can watch chkservd's status checks to make sure it is detecting the status of services correctly by using tail to follow its log file:

Code:
    # tail -f /var/log/chkservd.log
    Use Ctrl+C to stop the tail command.

3. jfreak53

jfreak53 Well-Known Member

Great, thanks for the help. :D