The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removing cpanel header image

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by xman888, Dec 26, 2009.

1. xman888

xman888 Well-Known Member

Hello,

With respect to customising / branding cpanel , is it possible to remove the cpanel header image, rather than just changing how the header looks?

The reason I ask is because I am looking at the idea of have cpanel appear within an iframe of my site.

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,
    Anthony

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    It is possible to clone the theme and modify it as needed, or create a custom style (branding package), including header image modifications. I recommend referring to the following areas in WHM and applicable documentation:

WHM: Main >> Themes >> Universal Theme Manager
    Documentation: Universal Theme Manager

WHM: Main >> cPanel >> Branding
    Documentation: Branding

3. xman888

xman888 Well-Known Member

Hello cPanelDon,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not wanting to customise the cpanel header though (I have already done that), I am actually wanting to remove the whole header.

Currently if I remove my custom header, it just shows the standard cPanel header beneath it.

What I am wanting in no header whatsoever.

Is this possible at all?

Is there something that can be edited within the index.html file within the cpanelbrading file that will disable the header altogether?

Kind regards,
    Anthony

#3 xman888, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    It is possible to modify CSS in a custom style/branding to have it display without a visually-apparent header graphic. I'm not sure if it can be outright removed via branding alone but I believe it is definitely to modify it (images and CSS) so that the header graphic is more or less not seen visually or utilized in a different manner.

If needed you could modify the theme (not just branding); to do this start by cloning the X3 theme and then proceed to test modifications as needed.

Another option available is that of sending us a request of what exactly you're looking for (perhaps with a visual mock-up for clarification) per the instruction on our themes site here (see the Coming Soon area): cPanel Themes