The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removing cpanel options

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SQiRL, May 15, 2003.

1. SQiRL

SQiRL Registered

Hi, im a reseller and use whm/cpanel. I was wondering if there is a way to take away some of the options that my costomers get.

For example, if i have a simple set of 10 options in the panel and one of them is the sub domains management tool, is there a way to remove that if i dont want the customer to have that ability?

In other words, have a admin cpanel for thier domain(for me), and a customized user panel with limited options.(for them)

The reason i ask is.... our cpanels have about 20 different options that a new user gets, and my target customer wont need alot of those options, so to avoid future questions, and disasters, just remove them up front and if they need something extra then i just enable it for them.

If your familiar with phpnuke, you know that you can create admins and only give them certian rights within the php site. This is along those lines. If they dont have that permission, they wont see the module in thier admin login.

Is this possible?

2. harbornetworks

I haven't seen anything that does what your talking about, but I haven't exactly searched for it. I have been playing around with the same idea for some time now, and I decided to do the following:

Take my customized skin and install it once for each package, edit the skin to include/exclude whatever options I want or don't want them to use, and you will have a way of customizing the cpanel for different users. It's not the easiest way but it works.

3. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Look at rvskin.com