Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Removing Email Archives Question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by blue-earth, Sep 21, 2018.

1. blue-earth

blue-earth Member

Issue:

I have a client who has around 80 email users on their domain name. Each user is allocated 1 Gig of storage. The archiving feature is not switched on for users.

According disc usage in cPanel, the actual usage is around 20Gb across all users. But the Email Archives [ also in disc usage ] shows 138 Gb's being used. This is also tallies with what WHM is showing as total usage of around 154Gb.

3 questions:

Where is this coming from, as Archiving is not switched on?
    Can I delete it?
    How?

All other accounts on the server [ around 600 ] shows zero in Archive Emails, it's just this one account.

many thanks for any prompts
    Nick

2. blue-earth

blue-earth Member

I have the fix for this, if anyone should have the same issue, though I doubt it.

I have never switched on Archiving, so that threw me out. But, in Tweak settings, I switched on Archiving which gained me access to the 135Gb file through the Archive function in cPanel.

Strangely it only archived between 2013 - 2016. There were some 1.7 million emails archived, bizarre but true.

I ran the script here -> unable to delete archive mails

and then switched off archiving again.
    best
    Nick

3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @blue-earth

It does sound like at some point it was enabled then subsequently disabled. I'm glad you were able to find the solution for the issue though and thank you for posting what worked for you.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...