The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing FTP accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AgoraCart, Mar 18, 2004.

1. AgoraCart

AgoraCart Active Member

howdy,

just wondering how one would go about deleting FTP accounts from a client's account. Doesn't seem to be a method handy fer doing this in Cpanel. I just hope I am blind and only tired and can't see it.

need to edit a config file directly somewhere? pure-ftp is enabled on a 9.1.0 release tree. If so, how? where? what? etc ... lol

thanks in advance,

Mister Ed

2. ddeans

ddeans Well-Known Member

Login to thier cPanel using your root password and then delete them. Although I don't think your customer would like it if you did that without asking.

3. AgoraCart

AgoraCart Active Member

it would be great if it were that simple...

however there does not seem to be a delete function in default themes (x and monsoon) all the current trees I tried (stable or release). I had already tried logging into their account cause they complained about not being able to delete... sure enough there was no way to delete the FTP accounts created in cpanel...

So, I'm looking for a remedy to this issue. Since cpanel has not method on this for default themes, do I need to create my own page? if so what is the coding to enable delete functions for FTP accounts (and maybe edits would be good too so taht passwords can be changed)

ME

4. AgoraCart

AgoraCart Active Member

nevermind...

figured out the user was trying to delete main FTP accounts as they gave out the credentilas for the main accounts thinking they could delete them.

ME