Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing home2 partition

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Mauritz, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Mauritz

Mauritz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We're in process of removing some drives from our server. We've had 3 home partitions (home,home2 and home3) - I've moved all of the accounts from home2 to home3 (we're removing home2) however when I do a df -h in the home2 path all of the account names are still there as symbolic links to the new partition (home3)

I'm a little worried that by removing the home2 partition from the fstab file and remounting some accounts may not function anymore due to the symbolic link being missing.

Can anyone confirm the above for me perhaps? I can confirm that all of the accounts has been rearranged to the new partition through WHM and everything functionally is working

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The symbolic links exist to help in cases where a script uploaded to an account was configured with the full path to a file name (e.g. /home2/example/public_html/123.html instead of "public_html/123.html"). You can re-create the symbolic links in the /home2 directory after removing it as it's own separate partition if any accounts utilized full paths. Or, you could have any accounts affected by the change update their scripts to use the relative path (e.g. "public_html/123.html").

Thank you.