The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removing mysql button from cpanel homepage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sceilig, Oct 4, 2004.

1. sceilig

sceilig Member

I have set up a feature package using WHM - mysql is included (the user is allowed 2 databases). However my users are not tech people and seeing the mysql button on the cpanel homepage would be confusing to them. Im also afraid in case they go in to one of the databases I have set up and delete stuff.

Is it possible to hide/turn off showing the mysql button on the users cpanel homepage, but yet they still have mysql on their account? The feature package admin allows you to check a box to include mysql or not - not exactly what Im trying to do. I want mysql for the user - just not allow them to see the mysql button.

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

How are your users supposed to take advantage of their 2 databases if you do not allow them to access the cpanel interface?

You could manually edit each skin you offer to remove the button (or use a configurable skin package like rvskins) but that still leaves the question of how clients are supposed to take advantage of features if you remove the interface.

BTW, cPanel is meant for 'not tech people'. That is why an interface is offered. It isn't like you are asking them to logon to a shell and create dbs/dbsusers and assign permissions.