SOLVED Removing Wordpress installation

Operating System & Version
CENTOS 7.9 hyper-v [vps]
cPanel & WHM Version
92.0 (build 9)

nkitson

Registered
Feb 17, 2011
I accidentally used Wordpress Manager (or Toolkit, I don't remember) to create a Wordpress installation in /home/account/public_html/ when I already have a joomla installation in this folder as well .htaccess etc files. I was concerned that using 'Remove' might remove all the files in /home/account/public_html/ so I manually deleted the wp files and sub-folders and the db.

Wordpress Toolkit still thinks I have a (broken) installation - I would like to tidy this up but remain concerned that the 'Remove' might empty all my public_html folder or create other problesm - can anybody confirm?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! WordPress Toolkit will only remove the WordPress files on the account, as it does not just wipe the entire public_html directory. i would still strongly recommend taking a backup of the domain before perforing any type of destructive work on the machine just in case something unexpected happens.

nkitson

Registered
Feb 17, 2011
Many thanks for the quick reply - I have a nightly backup and also copied the public_html folder just in case but it has all worked smoothly and there is no remaining trace of the unwanted Wordpress installation.