The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renaming account.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leftie, Jun 22, 2010.

1. leftie

leftie Well-Known Member

Hello.
    One of my account owners domain has expired and they don't have the details to renew it at Godaddy so they have asked me to rename it for them.
    Ie: it was theirname.com and now they just want it to be a sub of the server as in theirname.myservername.net. I have seen how to do it in modify accounts but i have read this in another thread telling me this function is broken.
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/sorry-d...use-owned-another-user-147741.html#post656805
    Should it work or is it broken? I don't know how to do it via shell so whm is my only option
    Running cpanel 11.25.0.R46156 and WHM 11.25.0 X3.9

Thanks

2. garrettp

garrettp Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This function works, however there are certain situations that cause it to fail, such as the new domain name already being configured under another account, or the zone for the domain already existing in the nameserver config. Just give it a try and see what happens!

3. leftie

leftie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I don't think it is configured elsewhere in the server has i have root access to the dedi and i can see all accounts there. What should i do if something should happen?