Renewing an SSL certificate with Godaddy

zerokarma

Oct 6, 2008
I've renewed an existing SSL certificate I registered with Godaddy but I am a bit confused how to complete the renewal process for the SSL certificate on my server.

Godaddy is asking for a Certificate Signing Request (CSR).

In WHM when I go to SSL Key/Crt Manager it lists the Key and Certificate but no CSR.

In WHM do I have to use the "Generate a SSL Certificate and Signing Request" and make a new one and use that to finish the renewal?

I am confused.

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
I've renewed an existing SSL certificate I registered with Godaddy but I am a bit confused how to complete the renewal process for the SSL certificate on my server.

Godaddy is asking for a Certificate Signing Request (CSR).

In WHM when I go to SSL Key/Crt Manager it lists the Key and Certificate but no CSR.

In WHM do I have to use the "Generate a SSL Certificate and Signing Request" and make a new one and use that to finish the renewal?

I am confused.
I believe what you have suggested is correct, that it will be necessary to generate a new Certificate Signing Request or "CSR." A new CSR should allow completion of the SSL certificate order or renewal process at the issuing Certificate Authority (CA) or applicable SSL vendor (e.g., Godaddy).

A new Certificate Signing Request (CSR) may be generated via either of the following two menu paths: