The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repetitive questions and forum guidelines

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brettcave, Jun 24, 2007.

1. brettcave

brettcave Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I have just found a problem with my dedicated server running cPanel, and decided to try find some answers here. Its to do with ScriptAlias'ing of cgi-bin on a per account, so i searched for "scriptalias cgi-bin" - geeeeeez ppl, how about running a quick search before posting your question.

There must be at least 40 posts from people saying "/cpanel doesnt work, but port does" - there is 1 simple answer: check that the scriptalias exists. 1 quick search prior to posting a question in here will surely result in a) a quicker solution to your problem, as the answers are already there - no need to wait for a response. and b) more efficient forum use for EVERYONE - in my case, not having to sift through 40 unrelated /cpanel scriptalias issues to find a "per account cgi-bin scriptalias" solution..

Search and ye shall find.

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2001
    ON, Canada
    That subject has been brought up a few times before. Too many people just post their question without searching first. Why? I don't know. Like you said, if it's been answered before, they'll get an instant answer. The only thing I can think of is, rather than take 10 minutes of their time for an immediate answer, they prefer to take 1 minute to post a question and wait for the answer.

There have been several times when I would see a question I know was recently posted, so I would search for it and post a link rather than the answer.

I think the biggest issue here is, people don't think of this as an information forum but a discussion forum.