The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement SSL, same host, no interuption?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ulysses, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Ulysses

Ulysses Well-Known Member

Hi,

We need change an SSL cert for a client from one CA to another, without interuption to client's service and without changing client's SSL host name.

Can this be done in WHM?

Specifically, how do we (is it possible to) generate a second "certificate signing request" (CSR) in WHM for the same domain without interfering with the cert that's already in place.

Appreciate any input on this.

Ulysses

2. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

Just generate the CSR and order the new certificate and install it as normal .
    Make sure that when you do the install you enter the domain info correctly and paste the new .crt file (the Certificate ) in the top box over the old info and make sure you paste the new RSA .key file that will be emailed to you when you do the CSR into the .key area over the old information.

When you click on "Do it" it will effectively write over the old certificate information.

#2 Trigger, Apr 2, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  3. Ulysses

Ulysses Well-Known Member

Thanks Trigger.

Can I ask you one more thing. Does this SSL Order Form look right to you?

It does not have a field for the company name, so I'm concerned that the Issued To "Organization (O)" field in the certificate will be left blank.

I'd ask the vendor but they can take up to a week to reply. More to the point, you seem to know all about SSLs. :)

Thanks again.

4. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

The form details are just for their records, so its not required on the application form.
    The infomation embeded in the certificate is put there as part of the CSR generation, ie. all the stuff you enter when you generate the CSR Company name, division, location and contact email gets encrypted and when you pass the CSR over to get the Certificate generated it gets installed in the Certificate.

As for the knowing a bit, I've done a quite a few for myself and clients as I am a reseller as well ;) but happy to share the info.