Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing Auto SSL After domain name change

Discussion in 'Security' started by jazee, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jazee

jazee Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I modified an account and changed to a new domain name so the Auto SSL Cert is of course invalid now for all hostnames. I have the option " Allow AutoSSL to replace invalid or expiring non-AutoSSL certificates." enabled. How long do I have to wait for a replacement and is there anyway to replace it instantly as right now my site if giving SSL errors!

2. carlose

carlose Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey, jazee!

Sorry to see the circumstances you are facing. You should be able to run AutoSSL to check for expired/invalid certificates installed. This will queue the process for obtaining the SSL for your new domain. I believe the verification process can complete quickly, but can also take up to 48 hours. For more details and information, you can refer to cPanel's Documentation to Manage AutoSSL. I hope this helps!

Sincerely,
    Carlos

cPanelMichael likes this.
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @jazee,

The previous post is accurate. Let us know if you continue to face any additional issues with the certificate.

Thank you.