The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing DNSOnly cluster member, unable to synchronize after readding.

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by DurkaDurak, Oct 13, 2011.

1. DurkaDurak

DurkaDurak Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I had a cluster like this:

Web Server (Synchronize to NS1, Synchronize to NS2)
    -NS1 (Standalone)
    -NS2 (Standalone)

Now I have taken down NS1, and redone it from scratch, with CentOS 6 and the latest cPanel/WHM DNS Only.

I am trying to add it to the cluster, but am getting two error messages. One from the Web server when I try to synchronize. I have added the access keys to each other.

Code:
    Bind reconfiguring on ns1 using rndc Error reconfiguring bind on ns1: WARNING: key file (/etc/rndc.key) exists, but using default configuration file (/etc/rndc.conf)  Bind reconfiguring on ns2 using rndc
    In addition, I also get this email:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]DNS cluster error on [HOSTNAME REMOVED] : Authentication Failed on [IP REMOVED]
    ---
    You should update the authentication credential for [IP REMOVED] at https://[HOSTNAME REMOVED]2087/cgi/clusterstatus.cgi : Cpanel::NameServer::Remote::cPanel: Unable to Server Error from [IP REMOVED]: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
    [HOSTNAME REMOVED] (Authentication failure: Server Error from [IP REMOVED]: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden[COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    What do I need to do to get this cluster working again? Even after I remove the cluster members, and then re-add it, synchronizing brings these two errors. It does let me re-add each server from the other server's DNS Cluster config in the GUI.

2. DurkaDurak

DurkaDurak Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel has deemed this a bug and assigned tracking case number 51794.