The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reply from an Alias - Possible?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mcbainenator, Oct 10, 2010.

1. mcbainenator

mcbainenator Registered

Hello guys,

I'm trying to set up a mail account so that I can receive and send replies from an alias. So at the moment, I can receive mail from an alias (through mail forwarder) though when I press reply, it sends it from my actual account I signed into rather than the alias account.

For for example, if I set up john.smith@domain.com as my primary email, I want to also send and receive mail from the alias john@domain.com while logged into my john.smith@domain.com account.

I'm not sure what this feature would be called, but Gmail has a similar feature called "Send mail as".

Is this even possible with CPanel?

Cheers for the help in advanced.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    you just change you reply to address in your email client, web mail client, what ever you using :confused:

3. mcbainenator

mcbainenator Registered

hmm I can't seem to do this on any of the webmail access: horde, squirrelmail or roundcube. You're right, I've only ever achieved it using Outlook at work so I'll have to try it out on my site!

Cheers,

4. doni49

doni49 Well-Known Member

You CAN do it in roundcube. I know I've done it. Look under preferences for Identities. Create an Identity for each alias. Then when you want to send a message using an alias, just choose which one you want.

I don't use the other webmail systems though so I can't say anything about them.