The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reply from Catchall

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by thedead, Oct 29, 2012.

1. thedead

thedead Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm on 11.34x and have a question about catch all. I am sure many of you to avoid SPAM use emails such as google@domain.com and cpanel@domain.com all going to one email account. This works great for spam because when companies like lastfm had a breach, I just send that email address into a black hole.

My question comes around replying. If my primary mailbox/catch all address is admin@domain.com and I receive an email from companyx@domain.com; when I reply to that email from outlook 2013 it comes from my admin@domain.com account, exposing my real address.

Is there a way to reply from companyx@domain.com without going to create an account, setting it up in outlook then replying?

Thanks!

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You are basically asking how you might spoof the right sender address with another address, correct?

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Assuming you mean "use forwards" instead of "use emails" in that sentence.

You can, when replying to one of those emails, in Outlook for example, click the Options item at top of the New Reply window in Outlook, and then select "Direct Replies to" and add an email address there for the user to respond to you properly.

Not perfect, but would work. A better suggestion might be to only use those forwards (fake emails) for specific things that you don't need to reply to regularly, and real emails for those you will.

My 2