The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report zfs quotas in cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stormthefront, Mar 20, 2015.

1. stormthefront

stormthefront Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello guys,

Is there a way for cPanel to be passed quota information from an nfs mount of a zfs file system on an experimental server, where /home is mounted over nfs from a storage server with zfs quotas. I know cPanel uses Linux system quotas and I know the mechanisms it uses to dump that quota to pass it to WHM, but I am interested in whether it is possible for me to pass quotas gathered from ZFS to be reported into WHM.

Regards

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A google search for 'quota nfs zfs' brought me to this document: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/819-5461/gitfx/index.html

From what I read there the typical quota command can be used on NFS mounts. Since the local server often doesn't know what the remote filesystem actually is, I speculate that what you are trying to do will work. Please keep in mind that we do absolutely no testing with NFS. You are likely to encounter problems that we don't test for. Anything pertaining to file locking for example.