The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REQ: Dedicated Server with Freshly Installed Redhat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickn, Apr 15, 2004.

1. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

Bear with me a second here..and read what I need, and why:

I am trying to do a HowTo on installing a "Email Firewall" in front of your cPanel servers in order to have email scanned for viruses/spam before they hit your actual server.

There's tons of benefits to this, firstly, the setup I do is much more reliable than the MailScanner+SpamAssassin install you can do on a cPanel box, also it helps reduce a lot of load on your servers since they don't have to process spam/viruses/etc.

Now, the issue is....Before I can do the HowTo, I need a dedicated server. I've already done numerous setups of these, so I'm not using this to learn how to do it, simply as a tool while I do a HowTo (freely distributed) for other people to use.

All I need is a Dedicated Server (VPS would probably work) with any version of Redhat (preferably RHEL) and nothing else (read: no changes at all, no cpanel, nothing.). That, and I need a week or so to do it.

What's in it for you:

Firstly, I'll put you at the bottom of the HowTo, which I expect obe pretty widely used in the long run, secondly, you get a free full install of this you can use for your client's if you wish.

If you can do this for me, drop me a note at nick@cpanelfaq.com, I have plenty of references and what not who can testify that I'm not going to do anything malcious.

Thanks.

2. PbG

PbG Well-Known Member

Just a thought . . .

A $60.00 box from managed.com would be more than sufficient for this testing. It will also alleviate you of the stress of trying to allay anyone's concerns regarding what you will be doing on their server, or having to ask this of anyone else. At least that's what I did when faced with a similiar dilemna. Plus when you're done you could always use the server as a cheap backup solution or cancel it.

3. Juanra

Juanra Well-Known Member

OTOH spending 60 dollars to write a howto isn't worth the while... and nick can be trusted, so, who's the first to have a free mail shield installed for his servers? :)

4. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Yeah what Juanra said....I'm not going to pay, to create a HowTo for others.... :)

I have a VPS i can do it on, but if there's someone who's interested in offering such a thing to their customers, than this is a free install for them...it's not a easy install..so it's pretty worthwhile I think :)